Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forever His Little Girl


This is Day 4 of Daddy getting new floors and he is getting quite cranky. His carpet was at least 30 years old and beyond cleaning. When I suggested that he get new floors, he was all for it. We talked about it everyday...about how he would come to my house to get out of the way, etc. Day 1 I went to pick him up and he said "Where we goin'?" When I mentioned the new floors he acted like he had never heard of the idea. He kept saying "Why in the hell could you not have waited for me to die before you done all this?" I tried to explain that I was doing it for him and not to him. You would think we were extracting teeth or something by the way he is acting. They still need to put down the molding which is not a big deal but it is to him. Forever his little girl, I feel like I'm in trouble when he starts fussing and I don't like to be in trouble. It's hard when the roles reverse and you must parent the parent. "Hold on Daddy, they're almost through."

No comments:

Post a Comment