Thursday, February 26, 2009

Open My Eyes Lord

This is my new very good friend, Ann aka MiMi. I had the pleasure of her company for almost 4 days while in California. She is Georgeanne's mother. Like they say "the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree" because she and I enjoyed each other just like Georgeanne & I do. I think so many times we miss opportunities for blessings that God has in store for us because we don't take advantage of them. Ann is so fun, smart, "with it", funny....and the list goes on. Rina did not like to share her MiMi so sometimes it was hard to get a word in edge ways, but we managed to build a close friendship in a few short days. Her body reminds her that she is getting older and she moves around slowly, but she is worth the wait. I pray I can always have my mind open to receive the gifts He offers everyday.
I visited June just a couple of hours ago. Remember my aunt who is very actively dying from cancer? Death certainly is not what television portrays it to be. What can I say other than it is just very, very sad to watch. Yet June continues to bless me. Through my tears I fed her ice as she can no longer raise her arms. She never forgot to say please or thank you though it was hard to understand between the moans. She is barely talking but she can manage to ask "Where do we go from here Lord?" I told her today that she was very brave. She said she didn't want to be. Maybe she should have said "I don't mean to be." It's just her, part of her character to never complain. She didn't in life and is proving that she won't in death. Peace be with you sweet June.

No comments:

Post a Comment