Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunny California


Hey Friends,
I miss blogging, but I'm in Fresno cruisin' round town, looking at the snow topped mountains and shopping. Oh, and did I mention eating fantastic food? It would be easy to eat sensibly in California because everything is so fresh and healthy, but I can't stop. They have Trader Joe's and Whole Foods - how sad is that, I'm bragging about grocery stores. In Longview our fancy is Albertson's. So the olive bar at Whole Foods is a real treat. I have eaten lunch at Panera Bread three days in a row now and I'm sure that I have gained weight. That's why I'm only shopping for my grandbabies who I miss very much. My friend, Georgeanne is a Speech Pathologist so she is working during the day. Friday she is taking off and we are going to the Sequoia National Park. I will attach pictures when I get back home. Rina, Georgeanne's daughter is having her 2nd birthday Saturday and I am making her Elmo cake. My cake is in such demand that she had to fly me in to make it - couldn't break tradition, I made it last year. If it were not for Daddy, MaSue & Pop, Clay, Blake, and Katie, their spouses and the four grandchildren, I know Steve and I, and Bailey, Bubba & Barker could enjoy a lovely retirement right here in Fresno, California. God had other plans, so I will make the most of my little spot on this earth. So, goodbye for now all my Texas friends. I will eat my way back to Longview soon enough.

1 comment: