Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"My Baby Be Okay, NayNay"


This afternoon we were outside "loading them up" when a helicopter flew over. Brooke said "Look Blaire Bear. You rode in one of those". I think chills went down my spine as I remembered our little space cadet strapped down in her capsule getting ready for her emergency ride to Shreveport. It's been almost 2 years now, since so many were praying for her recovery. She was such a little thing propped up on that pillow in the hospital bed at Good Shepherd. Wheezing from RSV with her little chest contracting, who knew that in minutes her life would be on the line. Brooke has the kinest sense when it comes to her babies. The nurses all thought she was overreacting, but before I could argue on her behalf, little Blaire had turned as purple as the dress she had on. Boy, that got their attention. Orders were being announced over the intercom and crash carts were wheeled in. A collapsed lung and pneumonia on an 8 pounder! The Gillentine/Clay clan all showed up to support her in her send off. Schumpert Children's Hospital was very impressive and Blaire had the best nurses and doctors. The kids were able to secure a hospitality room down the hall which was such a blessing. Reed, who was 3 at the time, was able to come and go with NayNay closely behind. I think his presence gave his mommy comfort. On one of our trips back to Longview to grab a few more things, I walked in Blaire's room. I was just standing there quietly looking around. Little Reed came up from behind me, slipped his hand in mine and said "My baby be okay, NayNay." Peace washed over me and I knew in that second that yes, she would be healed and everything would be okay. From the mouths of babes, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment